Photo © Pendleton Tourism
Located out in the big, open country of Eastern Oregon, Pendleton is best known as the home of the Pendleton Round-Up, Pendleton Woolen Mills and the Umatilla, Cayuse and Walla Walla Indian Nation. Every day craftsmen and makers of saddles, boots, hats, and silver engravers work in downtown shops. Each one of them is proud of making items that are used daily by ranchers and cowboys.
Indicative of their present crafts, cowboys, indians, pioneers, saddle makers, moonshiners, gamblers and working girls are all part of Pendleton’s colorful past. In fact, Pendleton’s Court Street is built on the Old Oregon Trail. When you make the trip to Pendleton, make your travel coincide with one of their popular events:
- Pendleton Real West Film Festival – April 17 – 19: www.realwestfest.com
- Pendleton Cattle Barons Weekend – May 8 – 10: www.cattlebarons.net
- Pendleton Underground Comes Alive – May 16: www.pendletonundergroundtours.org
- Color Dash – May 30: www.thecolordashk5.com
- Pendleton Bike Week – July 21 – 25 : www.pendletonbikeweek.com